Sunday, April 23, 2017

Week Review: Heart Week Edition

     Let me start this by saying that Heart Week was easily one of my favorite weeks we've had in class this year. Something that really helped get my mind going was doing out the diagram of the heart, but what really made that click for me was the hands-on experience. Being able to touch, cut open, and jam my fingers into a heart really made the experience for me. Not only was it super cool to be able to compare and contrast Hannah and I's heart to other hearts in the room, but being able to take what I learned previously through worksheets and the diagram drawn and apply that knowledge to the physical heart really assisted my learning. Dissecting and working with physical body parts has been something I haven't been able to do since fourth grade, so being able to do so now with much greater background knowledge was really cool because I had maintained the childlike wonder of a fourth grader while simultaneously possessing the knowledge of an AP Bio student.

No comments:

Post a Comment