Sunday, May 14, 2017

Genius Hour #1: Let's Get Down to Business: How I regularly make my bath bombs

Hi there. My name is Taylor Bouchard, and if you were unaware, I have one of the best jobs ever. I've been working at The Funky Bubble Bath and Body for the past year and it has easily been the greatest job I've ever had.
Look at that cute little apron, I'm such a happy camper
Okay, so recently, my boss decided that we should make and sell our own bath bombs. And with that, my job got a little more exciting. With my Genius Hour project, I will be taking different ingredients in the bombs and changing them out to see the effects. However, we must have a control to compare this to. That's why this post is being made: to show you how I usually make the bath bombs. Consider it as my "control group" I suppose. 
I have my own logo so like...it's pretty legit
I start out with my dry ingredients. In one bowl I'll combine baking soda, corn starch, citric acid, and Ahava Deadsea Salts. 

In a separate bowl, I'll combine water, essential oils (since I am making Creamsicle scented ones at the moment, I combined half orange with half almond scents), and coconut oil. If I'm using an oil without color I'll add a few drops of food coloring in, too. However, as you can see, the orange I was using was super orange so that wasn't really necessary. 


After both bowls are well mixed, I'll pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients slowly and combine with a whisk until the mix is evenly covered in liquid ingredients and can be packed together. 


After this, I will pack the mix into a muffin tin and let it sit overnight. 


If I really want to, I'll decorate the bath bombs using sugar decorations and candy pens. 

Then, I'll wrap and label all the bombs, and put them out on the shelf in the store. 

All background research and information on why these ingredients are important are soon to come! 

1 comment: